Cook Group offer a complete service for waterproofing structures, whether below or above ground. It doesn’t matter if it’s a building yet to be built, a 400 year old mansion or a road tunnel under a river!
We specialise in carrying out waterproofing works for new build social housing and private housing, whether it is a single house or a housing estate. Our CSSW qualified inhouse design team will design the right waterproofing system for your requirements; ensuring that you have the right system at the most cost effective price. Our senior surveyor and MD is also a PCA registered waterproofing design specialist.
We also specialise in designing and installing combined stuctural waterproofing and ground gas membrane systems. Our experienced design team can create a system to meet any specification or requirement, just give us a call and we will be happy so assist.
Our designs and subsequent works are accepted by all UK warrenty providers such as LABC, NHBC & Premier Warranties.
What Type of Waterproofing Systems do you use?
For new build applications, we will use a variety of products to create a design that can meet any specification. Several aspects need to be taken into consideration when designing a waterproofing system, including;
- Whether there is a need for ground gas protection
- Existing ground conditions
- The proposed use of the below-ground area
- The type of construction
- The time of year
With these factors considered, we can design a waterproofing system in accordance with BS 8102:2009 (and when combined with ground gar protection – BS 8485:2015+A1:2019) utilizing one (or a combination) of the following waterproofing types;
- Type A (Barrier) Protection – This includes waterproofing elements applied directly to the structure i.e. self adhesive membranes
- Type B (Structurally Integral) Protection – This includes crystallization slurries and reinforced concrete structures with the addition of waterstops for kicker & construction joints
- Type C (Drained) Protection – Including Cavity Membrane Systems (with sumps & pumps)
Our works are guaranteed & works to our specifications have the option of insurance backed warranties too.
What Type of Properties do you work on?
Architects, designers and building contractors regularly utilise our specialist experience to assist in new-build projects.
Old, new, or planned: if there’s a problem or a project that requires Structural Waterproofing, we guarantee to offer the correct solution.
And you can rest assured that our specifications and works, where appropriate, will conform to the most relevant British Standards, the most common being
- BS 8102:2009 Code of practice for protection of below ground structures against water from the ground
- BS 8485:2015+A1:2019 Code of practice for the design of protective measures for methane and carbon dioxide ground gases for new buildings (when combined with ground gas protection)